A–maze–ing Apple Season at Alstede Farms
Morris County Farm to Celebrate the Season with a Giant Corn Maze, Harvest Moon Hayrides, Early Apple Season, Pick–Your–Own fruits, vegetables and flowers, Sunflower Trail, and more!
CHESTER, NJ (September 1, 2023) – Alstede Farms, a pioneer in sustainable agriculture with over 600 acres of preserved farmland in Morris County, New Jersey, today released its schedule for the month of September. Events and activities include Alstede Farms’ opening of the Giant Corn Maze, Harvest Moon Hayrides, Apple Picking, and tons of other pick–your–own options.
September’s calendar of events at Alstede Farms includes:
- Giant Corn Maze, Grand Opening: Friday, September 1
- Guests experience thrills and adventure as they have fun navigating a massive maze surrounded by acres & acres of corn fields. Younger guests can warm up to the excitement by experiencing a more petite, kiddie–sized corn maze. This year’s theme is Alstede Fresh celebrating the magnificent Garden State and the variety of food grown in this region by Alstede Farms. Solve the clues featuring towns where you can locate Alstede Fresh produce for a chance to win a family pass valued at $250. The maze is open every day from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM and is included in pick–your–own admission.
- Harvest Moon Hayride, Fridays and Saturdays, September 22 & 23, 29 & 30, 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- Spend the night soaking in the moonlight at Alstede Farms. All included in admission, guests will traverse acres of scenic farmland in a tractor–drawn wagon ride, navigate the corn maze by flashlight, and cozy up to a crackling bonfire while listening to live music. All guests will receive their choice of hot or cold apple cider and s’mores–making kits will be available for purchase.
- Pick–Your–Own, visit our website for picking conditions and availability.
- Throughout the end of the summer and beginning of the fall season, guests can enjoy learning about the agricultural process while hand–picking a variety of farm–fresh fruits and vegetables. In September, pick–your–own options will include early varieties of apples, Jersey sweet corn, tomatoes, fall raspberries, potatoes, peppers, eggplants, cucumbers, and zucchini. Stunning sunflowers, Zinnia’s, and Cosmos are also available as a cut–your–own option. Friendly farm staff members are always ready to share their knowledge of the growing process and how to prepare fresh fruits and vegetables in a healthy and nutritious way. Guests can then spend the whole day at the farm with scenic tractor–drawn wagon rides, visiting the animals, and enjoying live entertainment on the weekend.
- Apple Pancake Breakfast, Sunday, September 3, 8:30 am – 11:30 am
- Indulge in a hearty farm–to–table apple pancake breakfast complete with delicious homemade pancakes and many other delicious breakfast items. Your admission includes tractor–drawn wagon rides, access to pick your own fruits or vegetables as well as the A–maze–ing Giant Corn Maze and the Blooming Giants Sunflower Maze. Breakfast is available 8:30–11:30 a.m. Advance reservations are required, visit the website for more details. https://www.alstedefarms.com/farm–events–calendar/farm–to–table–apple–pancake–breakfast–9–3–23–830–am/
Additionally, Alstede Farms offers residents the opportunity to enjoy a healthier lifestyle and support local agriculture with its Community Supported Agriculture program. Participants can enjoy freshly picked and sustainably grown fruits and vegetables each week by choosing the share size and box type that works best for their unique needs. By choosing the most comprehensive and inclusive package, the Farmer’s Harvest Share, participating guests can open a box of fresh
ideas weekly through the end of November to ignite their cooking creativity. For the busy but innovative chef, the 4–week Holiday Harvest share provides fresh produce for guests to incorporate in their cooking throughout the bustling holiday season.
For more information, including pricing and availability on each event, as well as how to participate in the Community Supported Agriculture program, guests can visit www.alstedefarms.com or call (908) 879–7189. Updated information on each event will be available at www.Facebook.com/AlstedeFarms.
Alstede Farms, a first–generation family farm, is a pioneer in sustainable agriculture, growing over 250 varieties of fruits and vegetables on over 600 acres of preserved farmland in Morris County. Alstede Farms is focused on being the best farm in the northeast and provides high–quality, homegrown, local fruits and vegetables as well as memorable farm experiences to the local community, including offering visitors the opportunity to pick their own produce and experience
first–hand how their food is grown before it makes it to their dinner table. Alstede Farms produces a wide variety of its own local fruits, vegetables, and flowers grown using only sustainable and USDA–certified organic production methods, and is open year–round, to bring warmth, family fun, quiet solace, and friendly service to its guests throughout New Jersey. More information is available at www.alstedefarms.com.